31 July 2012

Pointing Looking Moods

http://youtu.be/Nxi82Ne9yxQ

Here's a video of Thomas Nozkowski out walking and talking. He's a favorite painter of mine, or at least he's one who I keep an eye on, particularly as he paints quite abstract pictures, yet talks quite directly about the influence of real world experiences. See what you think!


Here's a painting by Arshile Gorky 'Untitled' 1944. It's not specifically a Virginia Landscape painting (where he actually titled the work like that), but it still contains elements of a landscape in it. It morphs into something more internal, reflecting a sate of mind, or subconscious goings on.


Here's a collection of film stills from 'The Insider' by Michael Mann. This is one of my favorite films, as it's cinematography really captures the mood of each scene, through framing, lighting and editing.  These aren't the best scenes, but the one at the top (at a Golf Club) has great use of empty space, voids and darkness and the threat that might lurk off camera. This might be diverging form the landscape theme, but how a director like Michael Mann works is something I try to feed off in the studio.

I will write more soon (and respond to your work!!), but for now I thought I'd put up some inspirations for my own work.

H

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment